Thursday 10 November 2011

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Ok, so I admit. When it comes to beer, I am a little wet behind the ears. When it comes to beer, namely, craft beer, I am a novice. Sure I have dabbled. Like some forbidden fruit, I had stepped down the aisle at the store with the "weird beers". I picked one that looked interesting, drank it. I liked some. Others not.
But here is the kicker-I didn't KNOW what I was drinking. I didn't know what made it special, or different, or -weird. And I didn't know you could know. But I was wrong.
Beer is as diverse as the people who make it.  And, aside from the plethora of watery, weak beers that most of us drink on friday nights, they are brewed with love, consideration, passion, and care. Drinking the prized brew of a Brewmaster is like gaining a glimpse into his soul. You see what he loves, what he cherishes, what he wishes for, and what he thinks is good. Really Good. Sometimes you disagree, and sometimes you share a moment with a kindred spirit hundreds, even thousands of miles away. And if you are lucky, there is someone at the table to share that, among many other great moments with as well.
So enough with the philosophical talk (I admit, I've had 2 wonderful German beers tonight, and am staring at a third glass). This site is about Beer. Reviews, news, and events. I will be contributing the bulk of the content at first, but my hope is to have some correspondents join in the fun, hopefully from different parts of the country, and ultimately the world. Keep an eye out for updates. New content weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment